- Pakistan is home to 108 peaks above 7,000 metres and probably as many peaks above 6,000 m. There is no count of the peaks above 5,000 and 4,000 m. Out of top 100, 44 are in Pakistan.
- Five of the 14 highest independent peaks in the world (the eight-thousanders) are in Pakistan (four of which lie in the surroundings of Concordia; the confluence of Baltoro Glacier and Godwin Austen Glacier).
- Most of the highest peaks in Pakistan lie in Karakoram range (which lies almost entirely in the Northern Areas of Pakistan, and is considered to be a part of the greater Himalayan range) but some peaks above 7,000 m are included in the Himalayan and Hindu Kush ranges.
- This might happened with you too if you are trekking on the largest non-polar glacial world “The Karakorams”.The karakoram is one of the greatest mountain range on earth with almost entirely in Northern Pakistan starting from west and runs towards east the karakoram covers an area of 300 miles in between.The Sim gang Glacier also known as “Snow Lake” forms the divide between the Hipar,Biafo and Panmah glaciers.This is the longest glacial trek in the world outside polar regions with the incredible length of 126 km.The highest mountain in the picture is baintha Braak 7285 m.
- Eight Thousanders in Pakistan
World Rank Rank in Pakistan Name of the Peak Height (m)
2 1 K2 8611
9 2 Nanga Parbat 8126
11 3 Gasherbrum I (K5) 8080
12 4 Broad Peak (K3) 8047
13 5 Gasherbrum II (K4) 8035