Considering the youth support for Imran Khan in the streets, everyone was expecting the nomination of fresh, educated and young candidates in the coming bi-elections. Somehow the decisions of PTI so far has not come to the expectations. Here I quote from one of the topic of the discussion forum of PTI official website where discussion is about the most suitable candidacy from different constituencies.
It is matter of serious concern that CEC-PTI has nominated a person who got only 31 votes in the 2002 elections from NA-123. I think this is a suicidal attempt made by CEC-PTI although the current political situation is entirely different from 2002. Without any doubt PTI is getting popularity in Lahore and other areas, as a rule of thumb contestant own vote bank and his influence in the area is mandatory for winning big elections especially when the seat belongs to other party. Why CEC-PTI does recommend Ijaz Khan Jazi to contest election from NA-55. The reason is very simple that Ijaz Khan has got own vote bank in NA-55 and in last bi-election he got more that 12000 votes. In my personal opinion most appropriate PTI representative in NA-123 is Mr. Imran Khan (chairman PTI), Why
1) Historically this seat belongs to PML-N and NS got a very strong influence in NA-123
2) IK is the only person who can give tough time to PML-N candidate.
3) Presence of IK in National Assembly is inevitable.
4) By winning this election, the perception of strong hold of PML-N in Lahore and particularly Punjab would be eliminated by large.
5) PTI popularity graph would definitely be swung to sky limit if IK wins from NA-123.
6) Perception of people would be eradicating that IK can only win from Mianwali (NA-71).
7) Mian Hamid Meraj may be a good candidate but his chances of winning are meager as compare to IK.
8) I think door to door campaign is needed in areas where election is being held especially in low income areas.
9) Last but not the least NA-55 election is being held on Feb24, 2010 and NA-123 is being held on March 10, 2010. It means before Lahore election the result of NA-55 would be announced. If our candidate Ijaz Khan Jazi wins then it gives a moral boost for PTI in Lahore election and if Sheikh Rasheed wins then it will also hurt PML-N popularity graph in Punjab.
10) Hence, I would suggest PTI-CEC to reconsider their decision of contesting Hamid Mairaj from NA-123 and we believe that this time IK has to come forward by contesting NA-123 because chances IK for winning NA-123 is almost certain.
Whether IK decides to contest with NS in NA 123 or not, the following question remain unanswered in overall scenario:
I was expecting something different from IK. He has again gone for PML-N and PML-Q baaqiaat from NA 55 and 123 respectively. If the resources are the same, how the change could be expected. And if reliance on the same (notorious) faces is must for ‘winning’, then why did he boycott in main elections. Its ridiculous. IN FACT I DO NOT SEE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PTI AND OTHER POLITICAL PARTIES IN THIS CONTEXT.